Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Kori's Veggies

I've been making all Kori's food myself from fresh fruits and vegetables.. 
Not only is it so much healthier but A LOT cheaper! Here Is a new recipe I am trying today.. 


"Vegetable Medley"
ages 4-7 months
Serving contains Carbs/Vit E



1tsp olive oil
1 Lg Carrot peeled/chopped
1 Potato peeled/chopped
1 tbsp. Peas
2 tbsp Corn ( I skipped the corn bc I've read its hard for younger babies to digest)
4 tbsp water


Heat olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add carrot and fry until soft, about 5 min

Add potato,peas,corn,and water and stir to mix. Bring to boil then reduce heat and cover. Simmer for about 15 min stir occasionally. 


Puree in blender


( If yours turns out a little thick like mine, add a little breastmilk/formula.. for little ones who are just starting out on solids and trying new things this might help it taste more familiar)


After blending it I freeze in ice cube trays and then store in Tupperware/Freezer bags.That way you have perfect portion sizes! ( 1 serving = 1-2 cubes depending on baby)







1 comment: